- This event has passed.
Integrated Pest Management Workshop
August 13, 2019 @ 1:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Growers are invited to attend this biosecurity workshop aimed at providing practical tips for identifying and managing pest insects and mites.
The workshop will be delivered by Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (DAF) as part of the nursery levy funded project Building the resilience and on-farm biosecurity capacity of the Australian production nursery industry Project (NY15002). These workshops will be similar, but distinctly different from, workshops held in 2015 or earlier
A range of topics will be covered, including:
- identification of insect and mites
- identification of causal agents from the type of damage
- how to manage key pests within an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) framework, focusing on specific methods to manage each group
- the use of stick traps, and how to identify the insects and mites caught
- the physiology behind pesticide mode of action,
- how to effectively manage pesticides to reduce pesticide resistance
- Please make specific issues known to relevant NGI so they can be included in the workshop
Get informed and ensure you are equipped with the information and skills to protect the biosecurity of your stock.