Garden Centre Nursery & Retail Sales Manager
Website Bamboo Down Under
Award winning Bamboo Down Under, Australia’s premiere specialist bamboo nursery requires an enthusiastic, driven & self-motivated Retail Manager.
Industry experience, plant/nursery knowledge and prior sales experience is essential.
- Enjoy a varied and interesting position, a very hands on and interactive role
- You will work closely with a small dedicated team to ensure retail sales targets are met along with the smooth operation of our Wongawallan retail site. Become a valued and important part of a great team.
- Develop and maximise the potential of our unique garden centre, blending the specialised bamboo offering, subtropical plant range, botanical gardens, giftshop etc.
This is a physical role, so some level of fitness and strength is required. Someone who loves working in the outdoors, has worked with plants before and enjoys interacting with customers will thrive in this role. We have been developing our Wongawallan site over 14 years now and continue to have a wonderful and exciting vision for our future development. We are looking for someone to share in that passion and enthusiasm who gets encouraged at the variety that this role offers. If you are driven, self-motivated and have a hands on approach then please apply!
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Manage the retail staff team (Retail sales, nursery hand & groundskeeping staff)
- Use sales skills to offer customer service and make sales onsite/ via phone/ via email
- Processing sales, customer orders and deliveries on electronic & paper systems
- Maintain regular ordering of stock & merchandising & stock turn to maximise profit
- Retail events and trade days set up and sales service
- Other assorted nursery-hand duties eg. irrigation, workplace health and safety, gardening
- Reporting sales & nursery results to the General Manager and Company Principal
9am – 5pm Friday through to Wednesday. The roster includes weekends & public holidays. There is some flexibility as to what weekdays are worked.
Should you happen to be a passionate lover of plants and the outdoors you will immensely enjoy this role, do not be scared if you are not a ‘educated horticulturalist or professional’. Enthusiasm and willingness to learn are more valuable within this role.
We provide comprehensive training and ongoing mentoring – we sell a specialised and unique product and whilst prior plant or nursery knowledge is essential, we do not expect you to be a bamboo expert! We are quite fond of what we call our ‘bamboo university’ training modules that guide you through learning all things bamboo.
To be considered for an interview, you MUST send your resume together with a separate covering letter detailing why you are specifically interested in this role and our company.
This is a privately posted ad.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com