WHAT IS ACCREDITATION?
- Accreditation is a set of standards established by and for the Australian Nursery & Garden Industry.
- Accreditation programs provide businesses with a benchmark to become recognised providers of a standardised high level of quality.
- Businesses and business practices are independently assessed to ensure they meet the standards.
WHY DO WE NEED ACCREDITATION?
Accreditation provides customers and the industry with an assurance that the business they are dealing with is committed to the highest quality business practices, consistency and reliability in delivering service, professional standards and dedication to continuous improvement.
Nursery & Garden Industry Accreditation programs
The Nursery & Garden Industry manages two business accreditation programs:
- For Production Nurseries and Growing Media Suppliers – Nursery Industry Accreditation Scheme Australia (NIASA) – see Production for more details.
- For Garden Centres – Australian Garden Centre Accreditation Scheme (AGCAS) – see Retail for more details.
In addition, individuals who work in the nursery and garden industry can gain professional recognition through the Certified Nursery Professional (CNP) Program scheme – see People for more details.
The Accreditation Schemes are supported by the nursery products levy and the Commonwealth Government via Horticulture Australia Limited (HAL).