The development of the Strategic Investment Plan for the nursery industry levy is underway.

Horticulture Innovation Australia (Hort Innovation) together with Key-Link Solutions are developing the plan. We are working with the nursery industry to identify the key priority areas for the nursery levy investment in research and development (R&D) and marketing for 2017-2021.

Nursery Levy Investment
Projects identified as a priority for the industry are categorised into R&D and marketing. R&D is allocated 60% of the nursery levy and marketing receives the remaining 40%. It is not uncommon for marketing projects to be underpinned by R&D, as is the case with the current marketing campaign.

The main goal of levy investment is to build a more profitable and sustainable nursery industry. In support of this goal, the levy has invested in the following areas over the last 10 years:

  • Urban greening – market development and industry product features and benefits.
  • Industry Development Network – including Industry Development Officers
  • Nursery Production Farm Management System (NIASA, EcoHort and BioSecure HACCP)
  • Youth investment  – student linkages and young leader
  • Biosecurity (industry wide)
  • Pest and Disease management (on farm)
  • Water
  • Growing Media
  • Communication – workshops, tours, conferences, Nursery Papers and extension
  • Industry Narrative – policy development, structure, statistics and analysis

Your feedback is requested
We are now working to identify the priorities for the nursery levy investment for the next five years and seek your input into this process. The information collected will contribute to the formation of the next Strategic Investment Plan for 2017-2021.

Where should the levy be invested to build a more profitable and sustainable nursery industry?

We encourage you to contribute to this process by responding to the survey provided below.

If you have any questions regarding this survey or Hort Innovation’s levy investment planning process, please do not hesitate to contact us via http://horticulture.com.au/.

To complete the survey please click here.